vendredi 29 août 2014

A little weekend in Tiverton, Devon




After a while living in the UK, I am just starting to explore the English country side. Yes, there is curiosity beyond Shoreditch and Dalston ;). That's how I found myself dipping my feet in the cold sea of a Devon beach some time in August (that weekend when the summer suddenly flew away).

What a pretty place !! Villages, cottages nearby rivers and seas, historical castle (check out my post on the extraordinary Knighthayes Court), cream tea, and more.
Having a car is indispensable in this part on the country, if you want to go from one village to another, to a beach, to a tea room, to a coast, to a light house. We had the British musicals album going loud in our speakers, singing along the narrow and winding road of Devon. It was so lay-back and joyful, I loved it.
We drove to Exmoor national park, where the hills are bare, with small heath bushes, and wild horses !! The wind was blowing hard, due to this wanna-be hurricane that stopped us to go sailing. I felt I could be in a Charlotte Bronte novel. 






hair-seaweed, I love the colors.



Shade of Grey.


We went to the Cheristow Lavender tea rooms. As you can guess, they were crazy about lavender there. Everything was purple, even the wall of the house, which is not the best color.  But the scones were delicious, organic, and no too lavender tasty.










 Knighthayes Court !!!!


The most oldest bridges of ever !! So bucolic !  The water is really low at this part of the river, and the road is going from each part of it. You can actually cross it, if you're equipped with a 4x4, which we weren't. So no JamesBond-like adventure moment for us !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire